Saturday, May 31, 2014

The most important tips to keep in mind while dealing with heart break

Having your heart broken is one of the worse feelings in the world especially if you were in love with your partner. You go through your whole relationship having happy moments, working out problems, and then one day your partner says we need to have a "serious talk".

When people in a relationship hear the words "serious talk" they think okay maybe it will be a proposal, or getting an apartment or house together, they don't expect the word "breakup". Breakups are tough, depressing, and it makes you go into a blue mode just like I did a couple of days ago. 

After I broke up with my boyfriend after a three year relationship, I was in such a blue mode that I brought a bottle of White Grape Cider, listened to the song "After you've gone" by Marion Harris (was featured in the CW show "The Originals"), and was singing sadly to the song while downing my entire bottle of cider. 

Afterwards I decided that I needed to stop being depressed and dwelling on the breakup. I needed to do things to make me happy and here are my tips that I recommend that you follow in order to get back to your own happy place! 

1. EAT YOUR FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CANDY
Eating candy all the time is not a good thing because of cavities, but once in awhile is not such a bad thing. After you go through a breakup indulge yourself in one of your favorite chocolate candies. Some chocolates are even good for your skin!
Photo credit: www.free-picture.net


2. SING LYRICS TO ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE ENERGIZING SONGS
Rocking out to one of your favorite tunes is always a lot of fun and it will get you back to be the exciting version of yourself. One of the first energizing songs that I jammed out to was Carrie Underwood's "Before he cheats" and boy oh boy did I feel great! Try it and after singing the lyrics to one, you will continue to do the same with your other top tunes!

3. WORK OUT
Photo credit: www.freestockphotos.biz


If you are into keeping your body right, then go work out. Develop a fun workout routine. If you are into bike riding, swimming, or running go do that! Just remember to bring a bottle of water to keep you going during your work out session!

4. READ A BOOK THAT YOU ENJOY
 If you are a big reader like me then grab a book that you love from your collection. If you are new to reading, then go and pick out a book in a store revolving around your favorite category!Reading is a great way to relax yourself and let all the drama in your life slip away!
Jasmine Leach

5.  RE-ORGANIZE YOUR ROOM
Jasmine Leach

If your room was getting a little messy and you wanted to switch it around, but had no clue when to get started then now is the time to do so. Fixing your room may not seem like much fun, but it is.

Yesterday I worked on organizing my room, with a high focus on cleaning up my closet and I was happy that I did. I categorized all my clothes from different tints of jeans, color pants, tank tops, short sleeve shirts, work out clothes, dressy clothes, swim wear and etc. I even used labels to separate all the items. I felt much better afterwards because I knew that I would not go through a big hassle trying to find the things in my room anymore.

6. BUY YOURSELF A NEW OUTFIT
Jasmine Leach

Every girl, or woman loves to shop! Breakups are the best time to go on a mini shopping spree. Now if you are trying to save a lot of money, that is perfectly fine. I did not buy a whole outfit after my breakup, but I did buy this cute artsy dress from Kmart that was from the Bongo brand! Buy something that will make you feel good and enhance your beautiful style all over again!

7. WATCH A CHIC FLICK
Jasmine Leach

A great remedy to follow after a breakup is to watch a cool and cute chic flick with some hot men! Now that you are single there is a plus side to this. You don't have to keep your mouth quiet when the hot men come on the screen! Whistle, scream, and swoon all you want!


8. PAMPER  YOURSELF TO YOUR OWN PERSONAL MANI AND PEDI
Jasmine Leach

Which woman does not like being pampered? Play some fun girl tunes in the background, take out your nail polish, your remover, some fake nails, and just give yourself a mani, or a pedi!

9. CREATE YOUR OWN PHOTO SHOOT



Want to make your ex miss what he left behind? Then create your own photo shoot! Plus you can sport some new and old outfits that you love from the closet!

10. LAST STEP IS TO HAVE A SINGLES PARTY!
If you are not into the club scene, then have a singles dance party in your room. The second day after my breakup, I played some fun songs from youtube.com, and danced for about an hour. It made me feel even more excited to be single!

So remember that breakups are sad, but you can have some fun out of it. Of course most of these tips may seem like they cater towards women, but men can feel free to follow some of these tips when it comes to workouts, reading a book, organizing a closet, getting an outfit, and having a singles party (with the guys of course).  Hope all of these tips help you people out there with broken hearts.








No comments:

Post a Comment